Who we are
Our website address is: https://blogaboutbusiness.online.
Publish Date: 30 June 2021
Findwhateva.com pty(ltd) TA Blog About Business Protection of Personal Information Customer Notification
1.1. Blog About Business who is a specialised digital agency, who is obliged and happy to comply with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
1.2.POPI requires Blog About Business to inform their customers, suppliers as to how their Personal Information is used, disclosed, and destroyed.
1.3.Blog About Business guarantees its commitment to protecting their customers privacy and ensuring their Personal Information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
1.4. This Policy sets out how Blog About Business deals with their customers’ personal information and in addition to what purpose said information is used for. This Policy is made available by request at our offices from the compliance officer as well as off our website.
1.5. Section 9 of POPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.”
- The Personal Information Collected:
2.1. Blog About Business collects and processes customer, supplier and employees’, personal information pertaining to specific needs. The type of information will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose only. Whenever possible, we will inform the customer what information they are required to provide us with and what information is optional. Examples of the Personal Information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Identity number, name, surname, address, postal code, marital status, and number of dependents.
- Description of customer’s business addresses.
- Description of customer nature of business and industry.
2.2.Blog About Business also collects and processes customer personal information for marketing purposes to ensure our products and services remain applicable to our customers.
2.3. We have agreements in place with all our Product Suppliers and third-party service providers who come in contact with personal information to ensure that there is a mutual understanding with regard to the protection of customer information. Our suppliers are subject to the same regulations as we are subjected to.
2.4. For purposes of this Policy, customers and suppliers include potential and existing customers and suppliers.
- How Personal Information Is Used:
3.1. Customer personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and agreed. This may include:
- Providing credit to customers to carry out the transactions requested;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification for customers;
- Confirming, verifying and updating customer details;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings;
- Providing our services to customer in order to carry out the services requested and to maintain and constantly improve the relationship;
- Providing communications in respect of and regulatory matters that may affect customer; and
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
3.2.According to s10 of POPI, personal information may only be processed if certain conditions are met which are listed below along with supporting information for Blog About Business processing of Personal Information:
- Customer, supplier, and employee consents to the processing —consent is obtained from customer;
- The processing is necessary — in order to conduct an accurate analysis of doing business with customers;
- Processing protects a legitimate interest of the customer;
- Processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of Blog About Business or of a third party to whom information is supplied.
- Safeguarding Customer Information:
4.1. It is a requirement of POPI to adequately protect the Personal Information we hold and to avoid unauthorized access and use of your personal information. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
4.2. The following procedures are in place to protect your personal information:
- Blog About Businesses Information Officer is Claire Starbuck whose details are available below and is responsible for the encouragement of compliance with the conditions of the lawful processing of Personal Information and other provisions of POPI;
- THIS POLICY has been put in place withinBlog About Business and training on this policy and the POPI Act will take place during August 2020 by the Compliance Officer/ Information Officer;
- Our product suppliers and other third-party service providers will be required to sign a one-page POPI AGREEMENT guaranteeing their commitment to the Protection of Personal Information these will be in place by 31 December 2021;
- Our hard copy files and archived files are stored on our access-controlled premises within locked Cabinets
- Polyethylene Recoveries cc internal server hard drives are BACKED UP daily, these files are stored on access controlled Virtual servers for system security which protects third-party access and physical threats.
- A PROCEDURE Document has been drafted and will be implemented by 31 December 2021 to ensure all employees follow (Company Name) professional procedures to ensure customer, supplier and employee information is processed accurately and securely; and
- CONSENT to process customer information is obtained from the customer, (or a person who has been given authorization from the customer to provide the respective information).
- Blog About Business will never allow access to any of our customer information to any outside suppliers without their consent and knowledge.
Blog About Business chosen POPI act representative is Claire Starbuck | firstname.lastname@example.org | Owner
- Access and Correction of Personal Information:
5.1. Customers have the right to access the personal information we hold about them. Customers also have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete their personal information on reasonable grounds. Once a customer objects to the processing of their personal information, Blog About Business may no longer process said personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm our customer identity before providing details of their personal information or making changes to their personal information.
- Policy Changes
6.1. Blog About Business will formally notify its customers and suppliers of any policy changes to the POPI act of Blog About Business.
Comments left on website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
All data is tracked an analysed by Blog ABout Business using Google Softwares. SHould you require a list of softwares used for analytics please contact out office.
Who we share your data with
This varies depending on client, please request a list from our policy manager should you wish to have full details of where your data is being saved.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Blog ABout Business will never give out your private information to any unauthorised software poviders. We will only ever use your contact infomration if required for account creations etc.
What data breach procedures we have in place
All online data is protected using ESET security and software manager. We do not hold any hard copies of client information in the offcie.